Train the Trainer Program for Leaders
Today’s leaders are teachers. The leader who can effectively develop and empower his followers can build loyalty and elevate team performance. In today’s information age, what people crave most is not more information, but more meaning and belief. Therefore, it is important for leaders to codify, contextualize and transmit information, experiences and skills in a meaningful manner for their followers.
“Training with Influence” is an interactive, intensive program that will equip participants with the skills to design a training curriculum, facilitate training activities, and deliver a complete learning experience.
Can be 2-day or 3-day program (depending on client requirements)
Module 1: The Leader as a People Developer
The Leader as a People Developer
- Develop the mindset, skillset of a people developer so that you can effectively guide, teach and empower the people you lead
- Learn the major differences between training, coaching and mentoring
- Unlock your own resistances, fears and barriers to becoming an inspiring and powerful trainer and coach
Module 2: Learning about yourself and others through the Enneagram
Unlocking your Personal Communication Blockages through the Enneagram
- Learn about the 9 Enneagram personality types and their communication patterns, leadership styles, hidden motivations.
- This segment will be done through an Enneagram personality profiling test, interpretations of their personality style reports, and panel sharing format
- Learn about the 3 centers of intelligences that the 9 Enneagram personality types fall under, the 3 subtypes of communications, and also energy orientation based on Enneagram types
Coaching and Developing your Employees with the Enneagram
- Become an excellent developer of people by understanding their Enneagram style, personality type preferences, strengths, blind spots, developmental stretches
- Understand the emotional, mental and environmental needs of the people you are leading, so as to select the appropriate learning modalities and methodologies to effectively develop them
- Being able to align coaching and developmental efforts with the organizational requirements, such that the developed skills contribute to the growth of the organization and to the individual
Module 3: Designing a Developmental Program
Understanding How People Learn
- Understanding adult learning principles and the effects on training program design
- Various learning styles available and to identify different learners’ learning style
- Various categories of skills to be taught (motor skills, knowledge, attitudes, mental skills)
- How to adjust and customize training methodology and content to fit the various learning styles
Using Activities and Creating Opportunities for Learning
- How to design and use learning activities to lead your trainees to get realizations, breakthroughs in learning on their own
- Apply the psychology of how people learn to engineer challenges that encourage taking action and learning instead of merely “spoon-feeding”, prescribing and preaching practices
- Create systems using your existing methods of operations so that you can successfully “duplicate yourself”
Module 4: Training Delivery
- Participants will be assigned topics which they are told to prepare to deliver a 5 minute training segment (assignments will be given before the workshop).
- Participants will be given feedback and coached on their presentation skills.
Improving Your Stage Presence Through Delivery Skills
- This is a hands-on segment where participants learn how to Sharpen their Delivery Skills in Training
- Attention will be placed on their Voice Quality (enunciation, accents, pitch, vocal variety) and Volume, Body Language, Eye Contact and Energy
Facilitation and Classroom Engagement Skills
- How to frame a training program and get buy in from your trainees from the start
- How to give instructions in a concise and clear manner so that the audience knows what is expected.
- Handle any “difficult” situation in any room at any time elegantly, in full control and with positive outcome.
- How to be an expert facilitator so that you can draw out valuable learning and lessons from your participants, helping them to learn better
- Debrief any episode, action or activity in a way that creates irrefutable evidence for change to drive performance with any group.
Storytelling for Persuasive and Inspiring Training
- Craft stories that offers a message or lesson for the trainees
- Keep your trainees excited, engaged and at the edge of their seats by adopting connection strategies used by professional speakers and leaders
- Bring the trainees through a roller-coaster ride in emotions so that they experience the learning for themselves
Module 5: Coaching Skills
Coaching and Feedback Skills
- How to critically evaluate the performance, yet give feedback an encouraging, yet effective manner that uplifts your trainees
- Learn the C-O-A-C-H™ Framework to coach your trainees to help them learn even more effectively
- Understanding the 6 levels of connection and learning why people may be stuck where they are
- Learn a very important concept for probing and asking the right questions to unearth your clients’ hidden needs, motivations, attachments, blockages and blind spots
- Ask question that guide your trainees to discovering their own learning instead of you having to tell them
Who should attend:
- Leaders who have to facilitate training / learning activities for their teams
- Account managers who have to conduct end-user training as part of the client package
In this program, you will learn how to:
- Develop an impactful image that will help you project yourself with confidence and charisma
- How to design a powerful training program from A to Z
- Apply tried and tested training techniques so that your trainees can learn faster and remember more
- How to be a dazzling presenter and trainer so that your trainees will respect and follow your leadership
- How to control the energy in your training sessions and keep your trainees engaged
- How to be an expert facilitator so that you can draw out valuable learning and lessons from your trainees, helping them learn