Boost your Communication Skills through the M.B.T.I Personality Profile
Have you ever heard people say that, “Work is easy; working with people is hard”? While this does paint a rather bleak picture, the workplace is made up of people working together in teams. Therefore, the ability to communicate effectively and with compassion is essential if you are to get your work done productively, and to facilitate an enjoyable working environment.
Why, then, does miscommunication happen? How does conflict arise, and how do work teams break apart?
While different people bring different strengths and ideas to a team, they also bring their own perceptions and worldviews. Every person has his own map of the world, just as you have yours. However, your versions may be very different.
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI) instrument is administered by trained professionals all over the world. It is the most widely used personality assessment of its kind. It will help you to understand how people differ in the way they prefer to relate to one another, process information and make decisions.
Understanding these differences and diversities can go a long way to helping you to better communicate with your co-workers and customers. You will also better understand other communication styles, so that you are less likely to misread the intentions of others.
Knowing your Personality Type (Pre-workshop)
- You will go through the MBTI Profiling Instrument online to ascertain your personality type
- Unique log-ins will be provided by the supplier of the MBTI profiling tools
- A customised e-report will be sent to you showing your Individual preferences in communication style
Introduction to MBTI and Personality Types
- Basic principles of MBTI personality profiling
- What MBTI measures and what it does not
- Interpretation of your personality report so that you can adjust your communication strategies
Your Personality and your Communication Style
- Diversity in personality types and communications
- Personality type and impact on personal communication style
- Communication styles according to different workplace scenarios
Understanding Personality and Communication Dynamics
- Various personality types in workplace communications
- Triggers, “hot-buttons” and “sweet-spots” of different personality types. What to look out for, and avoid when communicating
- Communication strategies for communicating with clients, suppliers, co-workers of different personality types
Who should Attend?
- People working in client facing roles, business development, customer relationship management, sales
- People who have to work across multiple functions in matrix organizations, or in cross-functional work teams
- Leaders who have to build teams and lead teams in their work
- Entrepreneurs and Business Owners
- Understand your personality type using the MBTI Profiling Instrument, and how your personality shows in your communication style
- Gain self-awareness of your strengths and areas for improvement
- Appreciate diversity in different personality types
- Understand other personality types so as to be able to better communicate with different people
- Learn practical applications of personality in everyday communications
- Apply understanding of MBTI in conflict management, negotiation skills and leadership